Sunday 19 March 2017

SEMI FINAL DRAW

Now that all the songs have been released, fans have been making predictions as to how the semi-final layouts might lay out. Not only have the songs been designated to 1 of the 2 semi finals but have also been slotted into the top or bottom half of their allocation.

However, this is NOT a prediction – although it might as well be!
I am imagining I am in charge of running order. What factors would I be taking into consideration?
I would have to be careful to space out songs in such a way so that it feels like something different and unique is coming on stage next. I’ve also tried hard NOT to favour songs I like and put them in too much of an advantageous position. All I have tried to do and individualise each song by putting each song before or after something different whether it be the kind of act, style of song or language.The only difference from this is in the openers and closers of each half as this song has to make a statement about what's to come or close off in a memorable fashion.
So here is my half arsed attempt is making an ‘interesting’ couple of shows…

Semi Final 1
Australia
Montenegro
Albania
Sweden
Finland
Azerbaijan
Portugal
Georgia
Belgium

Czech Republic
Iceland
Slovenia
Latvia
Cyprus
Armenia
Greece
Poland
Moldova

Semi Final 2
FYR Macedonia
Malta
Austria
Romania
Russia
Netherlands
Serbia
Ireland
Denmark
Hungary

San Marino
Norway
Bulgaria
Lithuania
Israel
Switzerland
Belarus
Croatia
Estonia
Also bear in mind there are likely to be ad breaks around the song 5 and song 13 mark (although these slots have not been cemented in fact) and so this knowledge may well affect the order.

This makes sense to me and I think it is fair considering the parameters I gave myself... 
Who knows what the real order will look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment