Monday 7 May 2018

Ranking, wishlists and predictions

Blooming heck, this really is as clear as mud...

Now that the rehearsals are done it is fair to say that things have certainly got more complicated. Some songs that were borderline have now become sure fire contenders or fallen to the wayside. Conversely there are are couple of big hitters that have failed to hit the mark in rehearsals and don't look as sure as they once were. It's all got a wee bit muddled...

That said, I need to get this down so I have at least had my say...
So here is my 43 song ranking - I will post ANOTHER ranking list with just the 26 finalists on Friday night/Saturday morning:

This would make my personal qualifiers from each semi as follows

SF1
Albania  Czech Republic 
Estonia  Austria  Belgium
Lithuania  Cyprus
Israel  Finland  Ireland
SF2
Denmark  Ukraine  Serbia
Slovenia  Moldova
Georgia  Hungary  Norway 
San Marino  Australia 

That said, I  don't feel that either of this lists are going to be accurate when it comes to the actual votes.  The 100% records of Romania, Azerbaijan and Russia would be broken if my list were true and although I feel there is a good chance that one of the 3 will fail, I doubt at three will flunk, Other major nations like Sweden and Bulgaria, for me, miss out but I think they will both get through (as much as it pains me to say it!) In my lists I suspect that Albania, Austria and Belgium could be on the borderline in semi one whilst Slovenia, Australia and Georgia could go either way in semi two but I think my expectation of San Marino is a bridge too far! With this all said and done, if any of the performances fail to ignite during the jury final OR the live televoting final - it could be anybody's game and there *will* be some shock non-qualifiers.

Come back at the end of the week to get my ranking of the 26 finalists !


No comments:

Post a Comment