Friday 3 February 2012

29/01/12 FRANCE

The French entry, like the past few years, was internally selected.
It was revealed many months ago that Anggun, a French-Indonesian singer, would sing the song in a mixture of French and English. On 29th of January the song was released online. No proper video as yet, just clips of her in the studio.  William Rosseau and Jean Pierre Pilot are the writers of the song whilst Veronica Ferraro, well recognised for her collaboration with David Guetta, was in charge of sound mixing.

I have to say that even after four or five listens of the song - I am confused. What exactly I am confused about is also confusing.... You confused yet?!?!!

The song starts of quite slow and rocky and then slowly ratchets up to its proper speed. Angunn has an intersting voice although it sounds like she's really straining to get those high notes.The songs itself is quite good and has lots of separate parts and section that get inside your head.  The mixture of English and French works well and the choruses are quite memorable. Will be intersting to see if they wake a big thing about the whistling in the background....
I think my unsureness about the track comes from the music. It seems to stop, start, quicken up, slow down, chop and change too much for my liking. It gives it that feeling like there is no continuity, at one point I wan't sure if or when the song was going to end as ech time I thought I was changing to finish it would change again ! Will be interesting to find out which part of the song they use for the voting clip.

Obviously, more will be revealed once it is sung live and I will be very interested to see how the song is made into a show for Eurovision !


SONG  - Echo (You and I)
ARTIST – Anggun
COMPOSERS – Anggun, William Rousseau, Jean-Pierre Pilot
LANGUAGE – French/English


No comments:

Post a Comment