Wednesday 30 March 2016

My draw

So, SVT seem to be taking their time in releasing the semi-final line ups, possibly due to a) the number of last-minute selections and b) changes to entries AFTER the closing date. However I spent literally 5 minutes doing my own personal line up. This ISN’T what I think will happen but more what I’d do if I were in charge. I have tried to create a bit of tension, keep some flow and keep viewers entertained from start to finish.

I have tried to make each entry as individual as possible i.e. tried not to have similar acts following each other OR try to have 2 similar singing or song styles following on. As you will see this has not always been possible. I also wanted the viewer to feel intrigued about what was coming next. It was also important to me that the viewers felt optimistic about the next song if they were not enjoying the present one so they had a reason to watch on.

Here are the two semis, split into their two halves. The only thing that I don’t know that might make a difference is where the producers intend to have a break (or breaks) in the running orders. Songs after the breaks may be at a disadvantage plus it would be an opportunity to place two similar songs next to each other in the running order without being to easily comparable.


SF1
1st half   FIN  NED  GRE  SAN  CRO  MOL  ARM  RUS  HUN
2nd half   MNT  AUT  AZE  EST  MAL  CZE  CYP  ICE  BOS

SF2
1st half   BLR   MAC   LIT   SWI   IRE   POL   AUS   ISR   LAT   SER
2nd half   NOR   DEN   ALB   BEL   GEO   SLO   UKR   ROM   BUL

No comments:

Post a Comment