Friday 12 August 2011

Day 12 - your favourite entry of all time

1988 Netherlands : Gerard Joling - Shangri-La

I just love this song (even though it didn’t do too well coming 9/21)

I love the way the song incorporates as many tempo and beat changes as possible.
It starts off by punching away with the chorus and then gets into the first verse. I then love the way after the first full chorus it goes into a slow bridge and chorus part, then after a brief interlude the bridge is repeated again but at a much faster pace. The song is full of standard and syncopated beats and although it chops and changes, it never feels disjointed.

This is such a strong that sounds much better on the ESC stage than it did on any recording.

I think this was the first song I properly learnt to sing in Dutch and I think I fell in love with this language and the sentries in this language. It is a song I just cannot get bored of listening to and singing along to :o) If only it was available on UK karaoke…


No comments:

Post a Comment